Technology is now driving the modern business. It has changed how they interact with their customers and how they empower their employees. Digital has revolutionised how things are done. It has changed how businesses operate and how people live their daily life. Technology and digital impacts every business regardless of size or industry.
Understanding how a business creates value within a digitally-enabled business has become increasingly complex. Traditional technology due diligence must now include an assessment of the digital capabilities that exist and the value creation opportunities that exist to deploy modern technologies and digital ways of working.
Similarly, preparing for divestment of your business now requires a solid story about how technology and digital has added value during the period of investment and how it continues to create value and enables your investment memorandum. This can include key details regarding the defensibility and differentiation of your technology and your ability to manage and exploit the threats of digital disruption or disintermediation in addition to the more traditional technology hygiene areas of systems, operations and people. This enables you to attain the highest possible valuation.
How We Help
For buy-side opportunities, we provide investors and strategic buyers with an independent expert assessment on the suitability and maturity of the technology and digital capabilities, assets, operations and practices that exist within a target business. Our exit readiness prepares your business for divestment or a future round of investment, providing insights into your technology and digital capabilities with practical advice to prepare for the due diligence process including a realistic roadmap to improve specific capability areas in advance. It can also be used by potential investors as an independently verified expert report.
We think like our clients, providing clarity to avoid the 'so what' questions. Our engagements are rapid, efficient and focus on:
- The suitability of the technology, products, practices and people in enabling and supporting the investment thesis
- The extent that digital has been embedded across the business and the maturity of the enabling capabilities
- The key areas of concern that should be addressed depending upon how technology and digital are positioned
- The potential time and cost of reducing risks and hidden threats of disruption or disintermediation
- The opportunities to create value by exploiting modern technologies and digital ways of working
- Technology Applications and Architecture
- Product Management and Software Development
- Organisation, People and Skills
- Business Operations
- Data, Analytics and Insights
- Digital Products and Services
- Customer Lifecycle Management
- Digital Strategy and Awareness
We perform a deep discovery to validate what exists and the claims of how it performs using an integrated approach to provide an holistic view of the target across strategic and operations. We consider the wider strategy of the business, not just the particular point in time. We balance qualitative field experience with quantitative analysis to provide a commercially focused report that blends real-world expertise with benchmark data. Our report is concise and easy-to-read making it suitable for any audience.
We have supported transactions that range from minority investments to multi-million dollar acquisitions and put our clients and their confidentiality first.